Sunday, October 9, 2011

This week has probably been the hardest week yet for me. Wednesday (October 5) I recieved the care package from my mom. This package really hit me hard for some reason. Yes, it was only a bunch of food, a magazine, pictures that my little sister drew for me and hair feathers to me it was "home" in a box. I just sat on my bed looking at the contains of my box crying for probably a good hour. Since I have been here I have missed home but this time I was actually ready to pack my things and head home. You never realize how important the little things in life actually are until you don't have them any more. By leaving home I have learned a lot about myself and also this trip has already shaped me into a better person. I have realized that when I return home I am going to be much more apperciative for things. I have never thought of myself as a selfish person but in reality we all have this trait. No one realizes how convient things are in America. In Ireland places close at 7 pm at the lastest and they do not have a one stop shop. When you go shopping for your groceries you go to one store then if you need school supplies you go to another, its crazy!! Back home we just go to Walmart and we have everything we could ever want and need under one roof ( I freaking miss it!). Along with convient shopping, I miss my car! Ugh when I see my car I may just run over and hug it! I don't mind walking though I can be a lazy person I am not that lazy but when I hike about a mile every day just to go buy food to just walk back so that I can cook the food I just purchased. It gets really annoying (especially when it rains every day). I wish there was some bus system like Pitt students have back home but of course there is not.

Besides my homesickness we had another field trip this Friday to Glendalough.The scenery of this location was beautiful! There was this waterfall that was just ugh so pretty. I have never seen a waterfall before so this was really special for me. The only thing I would like to have changed was I would have liked to go on my own pace and just take in my surroundings. I felt as though I was rush and that I wasn't able to actually be thankful for my experience. I would definetly would like to go back to this place and just take it all in again. But all in all I had a very nice time and took got a lot of pictures.

My time here is going by quickly and I am enjoying every second of it the best I can. Every day is getting easier  but I do have my moments where I just have break downs and want to go home. Only 69 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment