Saturday, November 26, 2011

Whoa... a lot has happened since I last wrote.
Well we no longer have field trips our last field trip was November 4 we went to the chocolate factory in Tullow. It was amazing!! We were giving chocolate cat molds and got to design our own chocolate. After the chocolate factory we walked over to Rathwood, which is this huge store fulled with Christmas tree and everything you could possibly want to see for Christmas. After we had lunch at Rathwood we then went to the Ring of the Rath. This was a very unique place and I really enjoyed experiencing a place like this. Out of all our field trips this was probably my favorite field trip.

On November 10th my boyfriend (Josh) finally arrived to see me :) this was without a doubt the best day of my entire stay here! Before arriving at the airport I had so many emotions and thoughts going through my head. The whole time I was trying to picture what my reaction was going to be like when I first saw him. But I realized you can't picture something like that you just have to let it happen. After waiting what seemed to be hours I finally saw him! I ran straight to him and just started crying. I was so happy to be able to have someone from home here with me and to actually see and hug them was amazing! After I collected myself and emotions we went and I showed him around Dublin.
The next day we took a tour of Cliff of Moher. This was such a wonderful time. We got to see so much in just one day. The cliffs are absolutely beautiful. Though the wind is very harsh and practically blew me away, it was still so amazing to see something that pretty.

After experience Dublin and the Cliffs we came back to Carlow for a few days. Then on November 17th Josh, Chrissy and I left for ROME!! Rome was by far my favorite place I have visited during my time here. We went to Vatican City, Colosseum, the market, Trevi fountain, and the Spanish steps. These places are seriously undesirable.. I will never forget experiencing any of the places I saw. I am so grateful to have such an awesome opportunity to see the world and be able to experience it with such wonderful company :)

Today I am exactly three weeks away from my departure. This day can not come fast enough.. after seeing my boyfriend leave and knowing I have to wait to see him again was the hardest thing I have ever been through. I have been very depressed since he left and just really miss my mom and family. The days are going by fast and I do not want to regret anything but in a way I am very glad that my time here is coming to an end so I can reunite with everyone back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment