Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Well I did it I have made it to December!! Nothing new and exciting has happened in the past few weeks until last weekend December 8 through the 11. Chrissy, Shawna and I went to London and Paris. We left on Thursday had a day in London then early Friday morning was on the Chunnel to go to Paris for a day and a half.

London was beautiful. While we were there we went on the London Eye and got to see the whole city. The views were incredible. Growing up I remember seeing London and movies and think how magically and pretty it was. Well being able to see it for myself I am pleased to say it lead up to my expectations and more. Along with the London Eye we saw Big Ben, Winchester Abbey, and went shopping on Oxford Street (which reminded me a lot of a street in New York). All in all it was an amazing experience.
Then there was Paris! Ugh I can't even begin to express how beautiful the Eiffel tower all lite up was. I will forever remember standing on the sidewalk counting down the minutes until it was five till the hour and the Eiffel tower came to life!! We wanted to go up and get the full experience of the tower but when we arrived there was actually a bomb threat! So when they reopened the place was ridiculously busy and myself being exhausted from all the traveling and freezing just wasn't up to waiting in line. My favorite thing we did was putting a love lock on the love lock bridge for my boyfriend and I to go back and take it off together sometime in the future. Though Paris is full of bridges with locks we went to the originally bridge called L'archeveche it is located behind the Norte Dame.
Though our time was limited in both places we manage to get a lot accomplished. I saw way more than I could ever dream of in my time there in London and Paris and being able to experience each place was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I can't wait to go home and share my stories but also to be able to come back to Europe and visit London and Paris again and hopefully have a few days at each location.

No comments:

Post a Comment